Maintenance for WINDOWS & DOORS
– Bi-yearly regular cleaning of windows and doors will keep them operating and looking like new.
– Keep glass in windows and doors clean by using a dish soap/water solution applied with an absorbent cloth or sponge, and removing with a squeegee. Use glass cleaner and paper towel sparingly.
– Wash screens yearly to remove dust/pollen using a mild dish soap solution applied with a soft brush or sponge, and rinse with clean water.
– For optimal window and sliding door operation, clean out window tracks to remove dust/pollen/dirt debris. Vacuuming and washing out tracks will allow for sashes to slide smoother.
– Wash window and vinyl door frames using a dish soap/water solution.
– Clean exterior aluminum trims and flashings with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
– Clean steel doors with a damp cloth. If necessary, use a mild dish soap solution. DO NOT USE harsh cleaning chemicals or scouring pads on any painted surfaces.
– Factory stained fiberglass doors will require re-application of a protective clear top coat. The frequency will depend on the sun/weather exposure on the door.
– Door hinges, patio door wheels or casement hardware may require lubrication at times. Clean well and only apply silicone spray.
Maintenance for SIDING & EAVESTROUGH
– Yearly cleaning of your exterior siding and trims will prevent dirt and pollen build-up, and any potential staining.
– If the vinyl siding you are cleaning as has brick below it, it’s important to wet the brick first to prevent staining.
– Clean vinyl siding with a mild dish soap solution and a car wash brush, and rinse with clean water. Please use caution if you decide to use a pressure washer.
– Aluminum eavestrough, fascia, soffits and trims should only be cleaned with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
– Yearly cleaning of eavestrough and downpipes will keep water running and prevent overflow from happening.
– Aluminum railings and columns should only be cleaned with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office by phone at 519-664-2346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org