After having brand new exterior products installed (or, simply refreshing the old), it’s important to perform the appropriate maintenance to the exterior elements of your home.
Care for WINDOWS & DOORS
– Bi-yearly regular cleaning of windows and doors will keep them operating and looking like new.
– Keep glass in windows and doors clean by using a dish soap/water solution. Applying with an absorbent cloth or sponge, and removing with a squeegee. Glass cleaner and paper towel can also be used.
– Screens should be washed yearly to remove dust/pollen. A mild dish soap solution applied with a soft brush or sponge, and then rinsed with clean water.
– For optimal window and sliding door operation, clean out window tracks to remove dust/pollen/dirt debris. Vacuuming and washing out tracks will allow for sashes to slide smoother.
– Window and vinyl door frames can be cleaned the same as window screens, using a mild dish soap solution.
– Exterior aluminum trims and flashings should only be cleaned with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
– Steel doors can be cleaned using a damp cloth. If necessary, a mild dish soap solution can be used. DO NOT USE harsh cleaning chemicals or scouring pads on any painted surfaces.
– Factory stained fiberglass doors will require re-application of a protective clear top coat. The frequency will depend on the sun/weather exposure on the door.
– If door hinges, patio door wheels or casement hardware require lubrication, clean well then only apply silicone spray as necessary.
Care for SIDING & EAVESTROUGH
– Yearly cleaning your exterior siding and trims will prevent dirt and pollen build-up as well as potential staining.
– When cleaning vinyl siding with brick or stone below, wet down brick or stone before cleaning siding above to prevent staining the brick/stone.
– Vinyl siding can be cleaned with a mild dish soap solution and a car wash brush, rinsing with clean water. Pressure washing can be done, with caution, on a low setting with a wide fan spray so as not to mar the surface.
– Aluminum eavestrough, fascia, soffits and trims should only be cleaned with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
– Yearly cleaning of eavestrough and downpipes will keep water running and prevent overflow from happening.
– Aluminum railings and columns should only be cleaned with a dish soap solution and soft cloth/brush, rinsing with clean water.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office by phone at 519-664-2346 or email email@example.com